Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fate or Fiction

I was speaking with a guy from Finland a few nights back. He mentioned his coming to Prague was something of a beautiful accident. I thought for a minute; I don't believe anything is an accident. If you honestly stop and think about what events brought you to that point in your present life, you would notice that way too many "accidents" had to happen. I believe in "shifting fate". Let me explain: The choices we make in our present state affect where fate leads us, but ultimately, nothing is just by accidental events.

We are all part of a design far greater than ourselves. We all have the freedom to make choices, although some may be considered "good", others "bad", both shift our fate and create who we are and who we will become. But these choices and this fate is never by mishap; I believe it's part of a greater purpose. For example: I made a choice to date someone, it didn't turn out well, but it pushed me to Prague. Where I had to make a decision about my living arrangements, and a date, and a time. Where, then, I had to "accidently" become too sick to go out and tour the city on that day, had to wake up at a certain "random" time and meet the man that lead me to write this particular blog entry. Because of these "accidents" I was given the opportunity to look at something in my life with a completely different perspective. To my point: We may feel like we are all walking around in random events, but everything in life is connected by a purpose of fate.

Nothing in life is a "Beautiful Accident", its just "Beautiful".

No comments:

Post a Comment